Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tag - I'm "It"

If you're on my blog as a result of Tam's "tag", here's what you're looking for...

.5 You may or may not already know the basics about me...avid reader, love football, grew up on a dairy farm, turned 40 this year, married with 3 kids, employed PT at church. OK...

1. I've never been water-skiing, wake-boarding or inner-tubing behind a boat. Moving along water at high speeds and wearing very little protection does not sound like a good time to me.

2. I have a thing for valleys. Some people like the ocean or the mountains; I'm always enchanted by valleys. Don't know why, particularly, they just please my eye. Disclaimer: I'm NOT excited about valleys if they're deep and begin immediately past the shoulder of the road!

3. I love pickled beets. Especially my mom's homemade ones. YUMMMMMMM! My husband and children think I'm weird (for this - haha).

4. If I had extra money laying around, I'd buy myself a really nice camera. I'm fascinated by the possibilities of communicating through images and hope to learn more someday.

5. Whether or not they deserve it, I irrationally dislike the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers.

6. At age 11, I competed in a national track meet - the ARCO Jesse Owens Games. I finished in fourth place in the long jump, just out of the medals. I also met Jesse Owens. WAY cool. Side note...the other famous people I've met are Tom Landry (ironic, considering my dislike of the Cowboys) and Tom Brokaw (well, Jim and I shared an elevator with Tom Brokaw, I guess we didn't really "meet" him).

7. Perfect weather: clear skies, 75 degrees and a slight breeze, or clear skies, 35 degrees, sunny, crisp and cold.

So now you know. Thanks for the tag, Tam. This was fun. I don't know how to tag and link the other people (maybe that should be point #7.6 "I am technologically challenged but improving"); maybe my computer-genius husband can help me and I'll pass the tag along. :)

Happy day, all.
Megan

2 comments:

Mark and Kels said...

How do you get past your dislike of the cowboys when it comes to our family?
Cannot wait to see you next week.

Megan said...

Hate the sin, love the sinner. Enough said. HaHa. :)